Thursday, January 5, 2012

Building a Home Business part 111

     Writing these blogging posts on building a home business is a goal I have.  I would love to be able to make this transition much easier for you.  Please refer to my other posts as well Beginning-home-business Part One    and also Part 2 found here Another-in-beginning-home-business

 I have complied a list of steps to take



1. Pray for Guidance
2. Wait and be patient
3. Pray again
4. Wait some more!
5. Choose out a business Name
6. Seek professional Advice
7. Find out Business Laws in your Area
8. Find your market. And look for a niche that others may not have thought of
9. Remember to find a way to increase your sales, by increasing your products
10. Make your business as professional as you can!
 
This is VERY IMPORTANT
 
How does your Husband feel about this Business?
If you are married and your Husband is behind you in this business that is Great! IF your Husband isn't in this line of thinking...please set it aside. You cannot take on something this big without your Husband's Support. No amount of added income will be worth the trials you will endure if you are going this on your own.

Is this a calling for now or for later?
    Do you feel as if you are being called to a home business?  If you are a Mother with small children, hopefully homeschooling, cooking, cleaning and caring for your family, a home business may not be feasible.  You may hear the Lord calling you in preparation to building the business.  In my own life many years ago, I found my time so valuable that the small amount I added to our income wasn't worth the strain it took on our family.  I knew I needed to wait until my children were older and more capable to help rather than hinder.  If this is what you are facing, don't feel disappointed.  Just be able to glean what you have, file it away until later and grow with your family.

If this is a calling for later
     Learning what you can without the rush and work of actually setting up the business can be a great blessing.  I learned many years ago how I would like to make Goat's Milk Soaps.  I took classes, learned about ingredients and gained a basic knowledge of what attracted me to Handmade Soap.  I am so thankful now that I have this knowledge and that I was able to gather other important information about additives that would increase the scope of my business.  I am also thankful that I am not needing to learn those items now, as I am very busy learning other facets of a home business.  Such as setting up a website and keeping inventory.
    I pray I can help you during this time of change and prayer.  If I can help in any way at all, please feel free to ask me for anything.  I would love to be of help in this area or any other area!  Love, Karen









    
  
    

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Thank you for sharing this series of posts! :D I really appreciate your tips and incite! :) God's been leading us to (hopefully) start a home business "someday" hopefully in the nearer future so it's nice to read from your perspective and find out things from one who's done it before. :)

God Bless!
~Miss Rachel~

Kasey @ Walking Redeemed said...

This was full of great tips. I currently work part-time {my children are still with me} outside the home and a home-business is on our minds alot. You've given me plenty of food for thought and some things to talk over with my husband. Thank you!